eBob Trailers are Canadian made electric back-of-bike trailers with disc brakes, signal lights, lockable cargo space and long range 36 volt 20 amp hour lithium ion batteries. They attach to any bicycle that takes a trailer hitch.
Step 1 - Choose & Customize Your eBob Trailer.
|Basic Model||Deluxe Model||Ultra Model
|eBob Adventurer||No battery, motor, or signal lights.||1 hub motor, 1 battery, 1 battery charger, and display console.||2 hub motors, 2 batteries, 1 battery charger, and display console.|
|eBob Ranger||No battery, motor, or signal lights.||1 hub motor, 1 battery, 1 battery charger, and display console.||2 hub motors, 2 batteries, 1 battery charger, and display console.|
|eBob Explorer||No battery, motor, or signal lights.||1 hub motor, 1 battery, 1 battery charger, and display console.||2 hub motors, 2 batteries, 1 battery charger, and display console.|
For non electric bike owners we recommend the Ultra model with 2 motors and 2 batteries. One for the bike and rider and 1 for up to 500 lbs of trailer and cargo. These trailers weigh 135, 165 and 190 lbs with a 300 lb load limit. Our tests show that with 2 x 20Ah batteries and a 100 lb load a rider will get 80km on mostly flat roads and easy pedaling with the eBob Ultras.
The eBob Basic and Deluxe models are best suited for owners of electric bikes if they can have a technician figure out the wiring for the Deluxe model. An electric bike comes with 1 motor 1 battery. Batteries generally are 10 – 14Ah. This configuration might propel 300 lbs of bike and rider 40km with pedaling.
Any questions? We’re here to help!
Step 2 - Know what's included with your eBob Trailer.
|Non-Electric – Basic:
The full non-electric package plus…
Does Not Include:
- Brokers/Customs Fees for International Orders
- Bicycle Kickstand (recommended)
Step 3 - Before we ship you an eBob Trailer...
…we would like to know a few things:
- Do you prefer km or miles on the display console?
- Would you like a half-grip or thumb throttle? (Note that we will have your brake handles replaced so you will need independent gear shifters.)
- You may want to install a kickstand for easier parking.
- If you cannot find a distributor near you, is there a local bike shop you would like to install the conversion kit for you at our cost? If so please provide their name and contact information.
- Do you prefer a wooden or aluminum cargo box?
All of these present choices you get to make towards your own eBob Trailer. If you are ready to order immediately, we request that you record your answers to the questions above, via the form below.
FYI - Product Descriptions
eBob Trailers have a load limit of 300 lbs
- Trailer Frame: eBob Trailer frames are composed of ¾” solid core aluminum, with steel tow bars. The entire frame is powder-coated to give it a strong, durable finish, resistant to fading and wearing.
- Cargo Boxes: Wooden cargo boxes are made of ⅜” and ⅝” plywood, treated with with an epoxy undercoat and a urethane top coat or surfboard resin for a long-lasting finish, while still allowing the natural beauty of the wood to shine through.
- Aluminum cargo boxes are made with heavy-duty aluminum to prevent rattling.
- Cargo boxes have a drain and a clamshell vent cover on electric models. An extension cord can be passed through the vent cover to charge the batteries without the need to remove them from the cargo box.
- Batteries: 36V 20ah Lithium Ion batteries.
- With 2 batteries and 2 motors (recommended for non-electric bikes), it’s common to get an 80 km range with a 100lb load on flat ground and with easy pedalling.
- Battery Charger: Batteries can be charged with the programmable charger – The Satiator – included with the first battery. Batteries are housed in a removable wooden box. Each box can house up to 2 batteries.
- Motors: Ezee Freewheel 350 rpm hub motors for speed and torque. Programmed to limit speed to 32km/hr. Includes 1 controller per motor.
- Brakes: Avid 203mm disc brakes.
- Display Console: Cycle Analyst with Watt output, speed, odometer, amp hours, and voltage. Note that some readouts will vary from unit to unit. You should be used to the readouts after a couple of rides.
- Throttle: Thumb or half grip throttle, you choose.
- Note: the Conversion Kit will replace your brake handles so you may need new shifters if they are integrated with your current brake handles.
Read the latest from our blog…
We recently uploaded a 5 minute video on investing with eBob Trailers. You can watch it below. After only a couple of weeks, our eBob has...read more
Note: eBob Trailers will be at Edible Island this Sunday from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm It’s been said that no one can stop an idea whose time has come. If the groundswell of interest in the Sept. 24 ‘Sustainable Sunday’ Tour and Mini Fair is a sign, people are eager to...read more
Last week I did my first ever biking and camping trip. Over 210 km biking from Victoria to Swartz Bay return, then Victoria past Sooke to the end of the Galloping Goose trail, staying at the Sooke River campground, returning to Victoria then driving to Courtenay the...read more
Power Any Bicycle
Quickly add electric drive and cargo space to any type of bicycle
Effortless travel, independent of your fitness level
Commute to Work
Cargo space and power assist assure you arrive ready for your day
Love Your Ride
Quiet battery power lets you be more aware of your surroundings
Save money! eBob Trailer batteries cost less than 30¢ per charge
Safe & Secure
Disc brakes, signal lights, lockable storage, setup videos, and more
Aluminum or wooden trailer, size options, and two throttle types
Clean, battery-powered motor minimizes environmental impact